“Most people think of love as a feeling, but love is not so much a feeling as a way of being present.”
– David Richo
“An inspiring and highly practical guide to effective relationships.”
– Kathlyn Hendricks, coauthor of Conscious Loving and The Conscious Heart
“Well-constructed and thought-provoking.”
– Spirituality & Health
The Five Keys to Mindful Loving
by David Richo
His perspective on love and relationships is presented here in, “How to Be an Adult in Relationships, The Five Keys to Mindful Loving.”
By focusing on becoming, or being, a more loving and realistic person, rather than searching for an ideal mate, we are able to develop more mature relationships that become deeper and more meaningful. Often the most profound concepts are found in the simplest truths, the essential elements.
In this book, Richo explores the five keys, or hallmarks, to mindful loving. He calls them the five A’s …
These five A’s play a key role in our relationships throughout life. When deeply understood and applied, these simple concepts form the basis of richer relationships.
- Attention to the present moment; observing, listening, and noticing all the feelings at play in our relationships.
- Acceptance of ourselves and others just as we are.
- Appreciation of all our gifts, our limits, our longings, and our poignant human predicament.
- Affection shown through holding and touching in respectful ways.
- Allowing life and love to be just as they are, with all their ecstasy and ache, without trying to take control.
So when you are ready to grow beyond shallow and superficial relationships into a more meaningful and lasting relationship, learn and apply the essential elements. Knowing is not enough, you also must do; make use of your knowledge, then it becomes wisdom. Then, as Susan Piver says, “you can go beyond romance to real intimacy.”
( ☆* Be well & joyful
´`★.¸¸¸. •°´♥¸.★*´˜ ≈ ·
Life is good ~ sharing the good in life makes it better.