How to Show Up for Your Life:
A Course on Meditation for Meeting Your World with an Open Heart
with Lodro Rinzler
This course is for anyone who is spiritual but not religious, who either wants to start a practice or get deeper with their meditation practice, but in particular, anyone who wants to see how it integrates with all the other aspects of who they are.~ Lodro Rinzler
Spiritual practice meets practical reality in this online course, in which Lodro Rinzler, Buddhist teacher and author of The Buddha Walks into a Bar…, offers an introduction to meditation for anyone who wants to ride the waves of life, work, love, and all the rest with mindfulness and compassion. You’ll learn how to establish or deepen a meditation practice at home, and how to bring your insights from the meditation cushion into the way you live your life. Using the teachings on the four dignities of Shambhala as a guiding framework, you’ll receive techniques to work with difficult emotions, to cultivate fearlessness in the face of everyday challenges, and to get familiar with your innate ability to connect with a sense of inner peace.
This course will help you:
- Establish a consistent shamatha (calm-abiding) meditation practice at home
- Learn techniques to incorporate the qualities of gentleness, discernment, and precision in your daily life
- Learn how to work with strong emotions, in meditation and in your everyday interactions with the world
- Employ strategies to live a life of contentment in the here and now
- Build your capacity for compassion through six transcendental actions
- Move away from the trap of doubting yourself, and toward touching your innate wakefulness
- Experience equanimity through addressing change and fear head-on
- Engage with whatever comes up in your life as part of your spiritual path
This course includes:
- Six 20-minute video lessons from Lodro, with transcripts
- Three live teleconference calls with Lodro on September 15 at 6 p.m., October 3 at 12 p.m., and October 14 at 8 p.m. Eastern time (Recordings will be made available if you’re unable to attend.)
- Guided reading assignments
- The eBook version of The Buddha Walks into a Bar…
- Facilitated discussion forums where you can engage with Lodro and the community of fellow learners
- Exercises to help you integrate the practice into your everyday life
- Access to all course materials for six months
Early enrollment discount!
This course will begin on September 1.
Enrollment will close on October 1.