The Way of the Wisdom Jesus:
An Online Course on Going Beyond the Mind
to the Heart of His Teaching
Jesus’ great invitation was “come and see.”
- Is there such as thing as the Mind of Christ?
- Is it possible to put it on?
- Are there practices that help us do it?
To all of those three questions I give a hearty COME AND SEE!”
If you put aside what you think you know about Jesus and approach the Gospels as though for the first time, something remarkable happens: Jesus emerges as a teacher of the transformation of consciousness. In this new eight-week online course, Episcopal priest, teacher, and retreat and conference leader Cynthia Bourgeault serves as a masterful guide to Jesus’s vision and to the traditional contemplative practices you can use to experience the heart of his teaching for yourself. Using her book The Wisdom Jesus as a guide, you will join Cynthia in exploring the teachings of Jesus through the lens of non-duality and kenosis (“letting go”). Throughout the course, Cynthia will guide you in experiencing Christian wisdom practices, including centering prayer, lectio divina, sacred chanting and psalmody, and the welcoming prayer. The course concludes with a celebration of recognition energy: that wellspring inspired by the instantaneous, mutual recognition of hearts. We invite you to join Cynthia and fellow course participants on this walk on the path into the heart of Jesus.
In this course, you will:
- Contemplate non-dualism as it relates to the teachings of Jesus
- Explore what kenosis means and connect it to the classic non-dual practice of “non-attachment”
- Examine “indwelling presence,” or “living remembrance,” with regard to Jesus’s own teachings in the Gospels of John and Thomas, the Eucharist, and the Resurrection
- Experience Christian wisdom practices, including centering prayer, lectio divina, sacred chanting and psalmody, and the welcoming prayer
- Explore recognition energy
This course includes:
- Eight 15- to 25-minute downloadable video lessons taught by Cynthia Bourgeault
- Three live conference calls, dates TBA (recordings will be made available after the calls)
- Weekly practices to help you integrate the teachings into your practice and daily life
- Facilitated discussions in which you can share your insights and challenges with fellow online learners and receive the support of the community
- The eBook edition of The Wisdom Jesus: Transforming Heart and Mind—A New Perspective on Christ and His Message by Cynthia Bourgeault, PhD
- Weekly guided reading assignments from The Wisdom Jesus
- Access to all course materials until March 15, 2016
to receive an early enrollment discount!
This course will begin on September 15, 2015.
Course registration will close on October 15, 2015.